Pediatric Occupational Therapy
We approach Occupational Therapy by targeting functional goals determined by the family and other care-givers. We are practical, short term and flexible in our approach, with the emphasis on the child and his/her progress. Our sessions are fun and focused. Custom home programs are crafted to reinforce and expand skills at home. We know that each child is different, and we work collaboratively with you and your child’s team, receiving and providing timely, appropriate and relevant information to create a circle of care. We look forward to meeting your family and helping your child reach their full potential for greater participation in all areas of their life.
Pamela Hood Szivek, OTR/L
Occupational Therapist Registered and Licensed
Miss Pam, as her young clients call her, has more than 20 years experience as a pediatric occupational therapist in a variety of settings including early intervention programs, schools, homes, clinics and private offices. She’s participated in research studies and received grants to start innovative programs. After many years in practice in another state, our therapist relocated to the Willamette Valley to work in area schools, and opened Corvallis Children’s Therapy to continue to serve children in an accessible office setting in beautiful Corvallis.
Licensed in Oregon, Washington, California and Arizona.
Our Therapist is Trained in the Following:
- Handwriting Without Tears©
- How Does Your Engine Run? (The Alert program© for self-regulation)
- Brain Gym©
- SOS Approach to Feeding©
- TAMO (Tscharnuter Akademie for Movement Organization)
- Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment and Treatment
- Wilbarger treatment protocol for Sensory Defensiveness
- Benbow Hand Function and Handwriting Remediation
- Traumatic Brain Injury strategies
- Best Practices in Early Childhood
- Assistive Technology Assessment and Implementation
- Love & Logic technique
- CPR & First Aide
- Client Intervention Training
- Sensory Integration therapy
- Neuro Developmental therapy (NDT)
- Early Intervention certification